Monday 20 April 2009

Interview: Clive Tarplee


Name: Clive Tarplee
Title of work: Margate at Dusk

Where do you live?
Westbrook, Margate.

When was the work that's in the show taken?
My photo was taken last August bank Holiday weekend.

What were you doing in Margate that day?
I was taking a stroll along to the harbour from Westbrook seafront, with my family, and thought would take some dusk/night pictures as had had new zoom lens for my Olympus camera for my birthday and not had much chance to use it.

What made you take the picture?
I like to take landscape pictures especially along the coast.

Why did you put them/it in the Margate UK flickr group?
I added my pictures to the Margate Uk group to perhaps get some feedback on it and show that Margate can look good !

Have you exhibited before?
This is the first time i have exhibited any work, and it was really great being asked to exhibit it in the Glimpse 2009 exhibition.

How have you found being part of Glimpse 2009?
It has been great being part of the exhibition and meeting some of the other photographers who are local too.
What do you think about Margate?
I think Margate has gone down hill over recent years especially now dreamland closed, as there is very little to draw people to come to Margate, so anything like the "Glimpse 2009" exhibition can only be good for Margate !

2 comments:

  1. ooo did'nt get a chance to see exibition-but love your work,do you have a website or contact No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked photo, probably the best i have ever seen !

    Darren

    ReplyDelete