Saturday 2 May 2009

Interview: Kate Jackson




Name:
Kate Jackson
Title of work: Embankment

Where do you live?
Trinity Square, Margate

When was the work that's in the show taken?
Various dates but mainly 3-4 years ago.

What were you doing in Margate that day?
Was probably on way to or from local cafe.

What made you take the pictures?
The sky/vista looked wonderful, it reminded me why I like/love Margate so much.

Why did you put them/it in the Margate UK flickr group?
I had signed up to flickr so to share them with family and friends, when i saw that Flickr had a Margate group i thought it would be nice for other to see amateur work and possibly comment on them. Also I liked the thought that Margate was getting promoted via peoples images.

Have you exhibited before?
Never for photography, I briefly, in conjunction with another gallery did a exhibition on my shop (that i used to have). Style Counsel sold Andy Warhol's TV. It was his TV which started the whole thing off.

How have you found being part of Glimpse 2009?
Great, lots of people have mentioned that they have been to visit and have had a look. Better still most did not realise that my work was in it.

What do you think about Margate?
Margate is a wonderful seaside town with so much potential. It is a shame that is is not "sold" to it's full potential and that more is made of it. Still I believe that if more was done to aid the residents opinion and pride in the town then it would drawn in more potential residents that would make it once again a vibrant place.

1 comment: