Monday 13 April 2009

Interview: Nick Townsend


Name: Nick Townsend
Title of work: Harbour Cafe

Where do you live?
Bristol

When was the work that's in the show taken?
Around 1991.

What were you doing in Margate that day?
On a day trip with a group of FE students.

What made you take the pictures?
I had avery nice meal of fish and chips there. It reminded me of childhood trips to the seaside (including Margate).

Why did you put them/it in the Margate UK flickr group?

To share with others. I like the idea of others getting pleasure from photos that have been in a photograph album for the past 20 years.

Have you exhibited before?
No, never. It may inspire me to organise one for my Flickr group in Bedminster, Bristol.

How have you found being part of Glimpse 2009?

I would love to have been there but had other commitments

What do you think about Margate?
I was really surprised when I went back to Margate. From my childhood i remember it for Dreamland and the boating lake, but when I returned I loved the old town. Now I believe it has become quite a cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment