Thursday 16 April 2009

Interview: Paul Phelan


Name: Paul Phelan aka Phelsey
Titles of work: Margate Lifeboat

Where do you live?
Westgate, Kent

When was the work that's in the show taken?
In the summer a few years ago

What were you doing in Margate that day?
I think i was just out having a coffee somewhere.

What made you take the pictures?
I took it because of the sunset and it was a scene that was typical of life in a coastal town, a necessary part of sea life that has been practised for generations.

Why did you put it in the Margate UK flickr group?
Because it belonged there.

Have you exhibited before?
I have never exhibited before but was really chuffed to be asked.

What do you think of Margate?
I think Margate has got the potential to be a vibrant tourist attraction again, I feel there is an great effort from certain quarters trying to lift Margate off it's knees, this has shown over the last few years with the events that are staged during the summer. I think Margate still has to rely on the tourist trade if it is to thrive because there is a distinct lack of decent job oppotunities in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment